By Martin Fowler
While rigorously chosen and used, Domain-Specific Languages (DSLs) may possibly simplify complicated code, advertise potent communique with consumers, increase productiveness, and unclog improvement bottlenecks. In Domain-Specific Languages, famous software program improvement professional Martin Fowler first presents the data software program execs have to make a decision if and whilst to make use of DSLs. Then, the place DSLs end up compatible, Fowler provides powerful recommendations for construction them, and publications software program engineers in selecting the best techniques for his or her purposes.
This book’s innovations will be applied with latest object-oriented languages; the writer offers quite a few examples in Java and C#, in addition to chosen examples in Ruby. at any place attainable, chapters are prepared to be self-standing, and such a lot reference issues are offered in a well-known styles layout.
Armed with this wide-ranging ebook, builders may have the data they should make very important judgements approximately DSLs—and, the place acceptable, achieve the numerous technical and enterprise merits they give.
The subject matters lined include:
• How DSLs evaluate to frameworks and libraries, and while these possible choices are sufficient
• utilizing parsers and parser turbines, and parsing exterior DSLs
• knowing, evaluating, and selecting DSL language constructs
• selecting no matter if to take advantage of code new release, and evaluating code iteration strategies
• Previewing new language workbench instruments for growing DSLs